Translate

Custom Search

Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Gang war probe in shop shooting

Posted On 12:50 0 comments



Detectives investigating the shooting of a five-year-old girl and a shopkeeper believe they were caught in the crossfire of a gang blasting two youths who sheltered in their south London shop.
The little girl and 35-year-old man are in a critical condition after being hit inside the Stockwell Food & Wine shop, on Stockwell Road, south London at 9.15pm on Tuesday.
On Wednesday, the Metropolitan Police issued a statement saying: "It is believed two black youths ran into the shop shortly before the shots were fired.
"The youths had been chased from Broomgrove Road, across Stockwell Road, and into the shop by three other black youths on bicycles. Once the youths on bikes were outside the shop, one of them fired shots into the shop front."
The little girl was hit in chest, police confirmed, and the man was shot in the face. Detective Chief Inspector Tony Boughton said: "This is a terrible incident where an innocent child has been seriously injured. We want to hear from the local community, who might have seen these youths cycling around the estate between 2100 hours and 2200 hours.
"I appeal to those who have information or were involved in this shooting to come forward and assist us with this investigation. These criminals have seriously injured two innocent bystanders and must face the consequences of their actions." Detectives confirmed the victims were not related.
Peter Robbins, one of three Lambeth councillors who represent the area, said residents were horrified. "It is incredibly shocking, I think the whole community at the moment is numb and horrified, and rightly so," he said.
The parade of shops was cordoned off on Wednesday morning and five police cars were parked outside. Stockwell Green Court, an access road behind the main road, was also sealed off by the police. Officers guarded the cordon and were taking the details of those who wanted to access the area. The incident is being investigated by Trident detectives.
The officers believe the two intended targets ran from the shop to chase the three on bicycles and went along Broomgrove Road and into the Stockwell Park Estate.


Saturday, 26 March 2011

West Australian police fear that a drug turf war between rival bikie gangs the Rebels and the Rock Machine may escalate into a 'cataclysmic event'.

Posted On 00:05 0 comments

West Australian police fear that a drug turf war between rival bikie gangs the Rebels and the Rock Machine may escalate into a 'cataclysmic event'.

It comes after police raided nine properties this morning in an attempt to stop the flow of violence between members of the two outlaw motorcycle gangs.

Assistant Commissioner Nick Anticich says police found a raft of weapons including heavy calibre guns which he believes were intended to be used in an escalation of the tensions.


Thursday, 24 March 2011

Montreal police are trying to stop the reopening of a firebombed bar in the city's east end

Posted On 02:18 0 comments

Montreal police are trying to stop the reopening of a firebombed bar in the city's east end, claiming it would be a risk to public security.

Café Ferrari manager Vincenzo Padula has asked the provincial liquor board to reinstate his alcohol license which was revoked after a series of violent attacks at his establishment.

During hearings held this week, police representatives testified they believe the bar was involved in a drug-trafficking network tied to street gangs in the region.


Montreal Sgt.-Det. Jean-Claude Gauthier told the board he believes street gang members preyed on the bar in an ongoing turf war to control the local drug trade.

The Rivière-des-Prairies bar was firebombed in November 2009.

It has since been attacked several times, including during a gunfire incident in May 2010.

Authorities shut down the café last summer, after police requested an emergency hearing at the provincial liquor board.

Gauthier testified his gang sources told him they are after Padula because of bad business dealings.

Police wouldn't say whether Padula is under investigation, but insisted that public safety would be jeopardized if the bar were to open again.

The liquor board hearings continue until Thursday.


Wednesday, 23 March 2011

LSP also used graffiti, tattoos and MySpace web pages to announce their gang affiliation and presence. The indictment alleges the gang also feuded with the Circle Boyz, Tunnel Boyz, Brook Boys and Dale Boys street gangs

Posted On 08:09 0 comments

federal law enforcement agency responsible for the investigation that led to charges being brought against a powerful South Side street gang is asking for the public's help in capturing five fugitives that remain at large.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives released the photos of the five men that were part of the 42-count indictment in which 24 members, associates and leaders of the street gang LSP were charged.

Wanted are: Rashan Bell, 34; Carlton Council Jr., 28; Aldric Jones, 20; Michael Jones, 26; and Terrence Machen Jr., 19.

"These fugitives are considered armed and dangerous, therefore, no member of the public should attempt to apprehend the fugitives, call police," a news release from the ATF said.

Federal prosecutors allege that the gang controlled drug trafficking, shot at rival gang members and attempted to kill an informant during the last eight years.

Among those charged last week by the U.S. Attorney's Northern Ohio, Eastern District office, were the top two members of the gang, who kept their reign by controlling the sale of crack cocaine in the city and in Boardman, the indictment states.

ATF, U.S. Marshals and Youngstown police apprehended several of the men during raids early Thursday.

The indictment said the LSP gang, which stands for Laclede, Sherwood and Parkview and Princeton avenues, the streets at the heart of the gang's territory, controlled drug trafficking and enhanced and protected their gang's power through violence.

Among the criminal acts described in the indictment are murder, robbery, witness tampering, retaliation and drug trafficking, attempted murder, conspiracy to commit murder, felonious assault, aggravated menacing, firearms trafficking, theft, receiving stolen property, car jacking, breaking and entering, and burglary

Among those charged in the conspiracy were Daquann Hackett and Derrick Johnson Jr., who federal prosecutors believe are LSP's leaders and directed other members and associates of the gang.

Also charged were James Neail, Tyrell Oliver and Nalemn Hasley, who authorities believe sold drugs to Hackett, who then sold the drugs to LSP members and associates. In exchange for doing business with the trio, LSP members committed acts of violence against the trio's rivals from them.

LSP's territory includes a multi-block area on the South Side, the indictment says. The borders are West Laclede Avenue to the north, Rosedale Avenue to the East, West Indianola to the South and Volney Road to the West.

Gang members, the indictment said, regularly armed themselves with guns to protect their territory, attack and retaliate against rival gangs, people who wouldn't support the gang, to commit robberies, and build "respect" and "street credibility" in the gang and in the community.

LSP also used graffiti, tattoos and MySpace web pages to announce their gang affiliation and presence.

The indictment alleges the gang also feuded with the Circle Boyz, Tunnel Boyz, Brook Boys and Dale Boys street gangs


Saturday, 12 March 2011

‘Clansman’ gang attack police station

Posted On 22:31 0 comments

The Police High Command says last night’s attack clearly indicates how far members of the ‘Clansman’ gang will go to perpetuate their criminal way of life.

In a release last night, the Police High Command said the incident also shows the kind of weapons in the hands of the gang members and their willingness to use them against the security forces.

It says the police will not cower in the face of these attacks and will respond appropriately and professionally.

The Police High Command adds that the threat level against the security forces remains at extreme.

It is urging police personnel, especially those in the St Catherine North and South and the Clarendon police divisions, to remain vigilant.


Lake Elsinore gang member admitted emptying his gun into the body of a rival gang member

Posted On 08:27 0 comments

Lake Elsinore gang member admitted emptying his gun into the body of a rival gang member, an investigator testified Friday.
Arnoldo Estevez Vargas' admission came a decade after the fatal shooting of Harry Estrada, investigator Robert Thompson with the district attorney's office testified.
Thompson was the final witness called during Vargas' two-day preliminary hearing. At its conclusion, Judge F. Paul Dickerson III ruled that there is enough evidence to try Vargas on murder, gun-use and gang charges.
Vargas, 34, fled to Mexico in the wake of the Nov. 8, 1998, shooting on Eisenhower Drive that killed Estrada, 22. Vargas was extradited to California in 2009.
Co-defendants Noah Michael Huckleberry and Anthony Martin Perez pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter, according to court records. Another man, David Quinones, also is charged in connection with the shooting, but he has not been captured.
During Friday's hearing, Deputy District Attorney Sam Kaloustian asked Thompson about his November 2009 interview with Vargas, who was assisted in court by a Spanish-speaking interpreter. Thompson said that the interview was conducted in English and that there were no signs that Vargas had trouble understanding him.
Thompson said Vargas told him that on the day of the shooting, he and fellow gang members talked about retaliating against the rival gang, who had attacked one of their own. Thompson testified that Vargas also knew Estrada was moving up within the ranks of his Lake Elsinore-based gang.
Vargas was seen punching and kicking Estrada, who was trying to crawl away, former gang member Joshua McKendry testified last month.
On Friday, the investigator told the judge that Vargas arrived on Eisenhower Driver and saw an unarmed Estrada running in his direction.
"He said he removed the gun from his pocket and shot him," Thompson testified. "He said he shot the whole clip."
"This person was charging toward his direction and he started shooting?" defense attorney Jared Hartman asked.
Thompson said yes, that was the case.


Hall County jury found two men not guilty of fighting during a quick battle between rival gangs

Posted On 08:26 0 comments

Hall County jury found two men not guilty of fighting during a quick battle between rival gangs last June that left several men injured and one man dead.

Fernando Acosta bowed his head slightly Friday as a clerk read the verdict in Superior Court Judge Jason J. Deal's Hall County courtroom. He remained for the reading of the jury's second decision, which came a short time later at 6 p.m.

The panel, which deliberated for nearly five hours, had expressed division about Acosta's co-defendant and friend, Juan Pablo Hurtado. But in the end, a not guilty judgment on the charge of affray, or fighting, nullified the gang participation charge that split them.

Acosta was found not guilty of both charges outright.

After the trial, defense lawyers Arturo Corso and Jerry C. Carter Jr. said the case turned on one prosecution witness, Wilson Almendares.

Carter billed Almendares, an admitted La Onda gang member, as a "general" who mustered his BOE 23 allies for a well-planned assault of their SUR 13 foes.

The groups met at 5 a.m. June 13 near the mailboxes at Lenox Park Apartment complexes, where Hurtado lives and was being driven home, Carter argued.

While SUR 13 members may have aggravated the situation, Hurtado and Acosta acted in defense of their friend, Daniel Adame, who was struck hard at the beginning of the physical struggle that lasted about five minutes, the lawyers said. He later died.

"The jury understood our argument of self defense and defense of others," Carter said.


Gunmen brazenly shot up a police station and later swarmed inside a public hospital to rob doctors and nurses

Posted On 08:24 0 comments

Gunmen brazenly shot up a police station and later swarmed inside a public hospital to rob doctors and nurses in a gritty city just outside the Caribbean island's capital, authorities said Friday.

National Security Minister Dwight Nelson said intelligence indicated the gun attack late Thursday in the southern city of Spanish Town was in retaliation for the deaths of three alleged members of the Klansman gang by security forces last weekend.

No police officers were hurt during the attack, officials said.

Nelson said authorities would make every attempt to crush the gunmen who showered bullets on the Spanish Town police station during an hour-long power blackout and urged officers not to back down in the face of threats and attacks.

"We will not be deterred by their cowardly actions," Nelson said.


gang shoot-out in an East Tulsa Wal-Mart.

Posted On 08:23 0 comments

18-year-old is still in the hospital after a gang shoot-out in an East Tulsa Wal-Mart.
The shooting happened around 8:30 p.m. Thursday night at the 207 S. Memorial Drive location.

Tulsa Police Organized Gang Unit investigators say the groups involved are gang rivals and the feud has been going on for at least a year.

Police have now upgraded the person of interest Darris Wallace, 20, to a suspect in connection to the shooting of Kadrian Daniels, 18.

FOX23’s Abbie Alford reports who the suspected players are in the shooting that could have ended in tragedy.

The teen shot in the hip, Kadrian Daniels, in an East Tulsa Wal-Mart is a known gang member and he’s been tied to several gang crimes. Still police say last night’s shooting wasn’t planned.

It was just a coincidence the rival gangs were in the store at the same time.

Daniels is a Green Team gang member, with Blood affiliations. Investigators say there’s been a constant feud between the Green Team gang and the Hoover Crips gang.

The feud blew up in May 2010 when Daniels was 17 years old. Police believe he was shot at the Soul Brothers Car Wash in the 3100 block N. Peoria Avenue.

Police report there were about 100 witnesses and several shell casings but no one would talk.

Two weeks later his brother Kenneth Daniels was gunned down and then a month later in June his cousin Steven Daniels was shot and killed.

A culture of silence and FOX23 News’ Abbie Alford went a long for a ride during the August 2010 Operation Triple Beam, a round-up of suspected gang members.

"He has ‘5 Deuce’, ‘Red Mob’. That's his gang, ‘Blood’ gang, across his neck there,” says TPD Organized Gang Unit Sergeant Sean Larkin.

"He has an “H’ and ‘K” means 'Hoova Killer. He has 'Bubba' which is Kenneth Daniels who just got killed recently,” says Larkin.

A month later Shawn Hatcher, 23, was shot and killed during car chase in North Tulsa.

Police say Hatcher was a Hoover Crip.


Tuesday, 8 March 2011

bitter feud between rival gangs is set to boil over into a bloodbath

Posted On 10:46 0 comments

CITY community fears a bitter feud between rival gangs is set to boil over into a bloodbath.
Since last Sunday, a man has been mowed down in a hit-and-run, while another was seriously injured in a machete attack.
The incidents in Maryhill , Glasgow are linked to a battle between the Malavin and Curran families, sparked by a sword killing.
And local SNP councillor Billy McAllister predicted: "It is going to end in another murder."

Last April, dad-of-three Andrew Curran , 41, was butchered in a brutal sword attack in Maryhill Park.
Brothers Angus, 26, and Zak Malavin, 17, got life in January for the murder.
Last month, a third man, Steven Souley, 21, was caged for seven years on a reduced charge of culpable homicide.
But the fallout from the trial at the High Court in Glasgow has led to a witness's windows being shot at and running battles in nearby streets.
Last Sunday, Mr Curran's son, Andrew Jnr, 20, was at tacked with a machete, close to the spot where his dad died.
And on Tuesday afternoon Angus Malavin Snr, 47, was knocked down by a black 4x4 in broad daylight.
It is understood Malavin was thrown 40ft by the impact and the incident is being treated as attempted murder.
Mr McAllister said: "The police have been totally ineffective.
"There has been tit-for-tat violence since the trial.
"The Malavins have been trying to dish out their justice to the people who stood up and gave evidence. The Curran boy was attacked on Sunday but there have been other stabbings not reported.
"The latest incident with the 4x4 was no accident.
"It's anarchy - and it's going to escalate."
One underworld source said: "The Malavins have upped the ante and they have access to guns.
"The Currans use more traditional methods of settling disputes but their rivals are bringing in the heavy artillery."
Chief Inspector Tom Dixon of Strathclyde Police said: "We are dealing with these incidents as a priority and there will be additional resources in the area.
"But ultimately it comes down to the local community to come forward and provide us with information.DISCLAIMER: Text may be subject to copyright.This blog does not claim copyright to any such text. Copyright remains with the original copyright holder


Thursday, 3 March 2011

Bikie Wars: powerful high-grade explosives were seized from the Myaree clubhouse, sparking fears of an escalating war between rival gangs the Rock Machine and the Rebels."

Posted On 09:24 0 comments

Bikie Wars: Police charge Rock Machine bikie with explosives possession | Perth Now: "42-YEAR-old Rock Machine bikie has been charged with possession of dangerous explosives after a police raid at the gang's Myaree clubhouse last Friday.

Tommaso Nicola Piccioni, 42, of Spearwood, has been charged with possession of explosives under suspicious circumstances.

Heavily armed police raided the Myaree clubhouse last Friday and executed a search warrant. It will be alleged Piccioni was in possession of explosives.

He was charged today and will appear before the Fremantle Magistrates Court on March 8.

Explosives found during armed raid

At the weekend it was reported that powerful high-grade explosives were seized from the Myaree clubhouse, sparking fears of an escalating war between rival gangs the Rock Machine and the Rebels."

:Text may be subject to copyright.This blog does not claim copyright to any such text. Copyright remains with the original copyright holder


Street gang dispute blamed for Rancho Cucamonga killing

Posted On 09:10 0 comments

Street gang dispute blamed for Rancho Cucamonga killing  "The fatal shooting last month near the intersection of Grove Avenue and Ninth Street stemmed from a dispute between rival street gangs in Upland and Rancho Cucamonga, according to a police report.
Jesus Calderon, 50, was shot and killed about 1 a.m. on Jan. 11 near Calaveras Avenue and Salina Street in Rancho Cucamonga, an area considered home turf by a gang called 'Dog Patch.'

The accused shooter, 19-year-old Trenton Abel Dukes, is allegedly a member of a rival Upland gang that has an ongoing dispute with Dog Patch, according to report in Duke's court file.

According to a witness who spoke to detectives from the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department, the two gangs are 'on sight,' meaning that gang members are expected to attack rivals upon seeing them.

The two gangs feud through Myspace and frequently tag walls in each other's neighborhoods, people familiar with the gangs told sheriff's detectives, according to the report."


DISCLAIMER
Text may be subject to copyright.This blog does not claim copyright to any such text. Copyright remains with the original copyright holder
Related Posts with Thumbnails